Admission to the Symposium is FREE
Please register at: www.firstcolonyfoundation.org/
The symposium is a series of thirteen 30-minute presentations and two 20-minute interactive discussion sessions led by pre-eminent history and archaeology authorities. All Symposium presentations take place at the US Fish & Wildlife Visitor Center on the north-end of Roanoke Island.
Additional activities include
- BOAT TOURS of Roanoke Island’s eastern shore, originating in Manteo; [fee charged]
- AIR TOURS from the County Airport to Site X; [fee charged]
- WALKING TOURS of an active archaeological dig in Fort Raleigh’s historic zone; FREE
- COSTUME EXHIBITS at the Dare County Arts Council in Manteo & US Fish & Wildlife Visitor Center; FREE
- ARTIFACTS EXHIBITS at the Dare Count Arts Council in Manteo; FREE
- 16TH-CENTURY REPRODUCTIONS EXHIBIT at the Dare County Arts Council in Manteo. FREE
The information at the symposium is almost certain to modify the perspective of historians and the general public regarding the story of the Roanoke Island colonies.
The History Weekend Symposium event is produced by First Colony Foundation in partnership with Elizabeth R & Company, the NPS at Fort Raleigh and the US Fish & Wildlife Visitor Center. Major support groups are the Dare County Arts Council and the Friends of the Outer Banks History Center.
Funded in part by The Outer Banks Visitors Bureau and the Outer Banks Community Foundation.
Visit Elizabeth R and Company on facebook or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org